July Numbers: MSNBC…
MSNBC is noting its July Numbers…
Network Continues to Crush CNN in Primetime
MSNBC Reaches More Viewers A25-54 Than Fox News Channel or CNN in July
NEW YORK – July 27, 2010 – MSNBC topped CNN in viewers 25-54 for total day in July. This marks the fourth month this year that MSNBC has beaten CNN for total day, according to data from Nielsen Media Research. The network also continued its trend of domination over CNN in primetime, ranking #2 in both total viewers and among adults 25-54 every hour from 6 p.m.-10 p.m. ET. This is the sixth consecutive month MSNBC has out-rated CNN in primetime among both Adults 25-54 and total viewers. MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” “Hardball with Chris Matthews,” “The Ed Show,” “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” and “The Rachel Maddow Show” all out-rated CNN in July. Following are MSNBC ratings highlights:
* MSNBC topped CNN in total day for July among viewers 25-54 by 13% (145,000 vs. 128,000). The network also beat CNN by a 67% margin in viewers 18-34. Additionally, MSNBC reached more viewers A25-54 than Fox News Channel or CNN in July (21,682,000), ranking number one in that category for the first time in a non-Olympic month in two years (July 2008).
* MSNBC beat CNN in primetime (M-Su, 8-11 p.m.) in July by 58 percent in A25-54 (229,000 vs. 145,000) and by 28 percent in P2+ (675,000 vs. 529,000). This is the sixth month in a row that MSNBC has outrated CNN in primetime among both P2+ and A25-54. MSNBC also beat CNN in weekday primetime by 47 percent among A25-54 (225,000 vs. 153,000) and by 34 percent in P2+ (769,000 vs. 573,000). CNN finished the month in fourth place in weekday primetime among viewers 25-54 for the 4th time this year. MSNBC also beat CNN in sales prime (M-Su, 7 p.m.- 2 a.m.) by 53 percent in A25-54 and 25 percent in total viewers.
* “Morning Joe” drew more viewers than CNN’s “American Morning” for the fifth consecutive month (384,000 vs. 327,000).
* “The Ed Show” drew more viewers than CNN at 6 p.m. for the fifth consecutive month (633,000 vs. 521,000). “The Ed Show” also topped CNN in the 25-54 demographic (157,000 vs. 150,000).
* “Hardball with Chris Matthews” at 7 p.m. beat CNN’s “John King USA” for the 6th month in a row in total viewers (582,000 vs. 422,000) and the fifth consecutive month in A25-54 (169,000 vs. 125,000). “John King USA” is down 36 percent versus “Lou Dobbs Tonight” in that time period in July 2009.
* “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” beat CNN’s “Campbell Brown” for the 29th consecutive month among both total viewers and A25-54. “Countdown” outrated “Campbell Brown” by 106 percent in A25-54 (252,000 vs. 122,000) and by a huge 93 percent in total viewers (949,000 vs. 493,000). The repeat of “Countdown” at 10 p.m. ET also beat CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360” (580,000 vs. 575,000) and in A24-54 (193,000 vs. 180,000).
* “The Rachel Maddow Show” beat CNN’s “Larry King Live” for the sixth month in a row among both total viewers and A25-54, out-drawing King by 50 percent among A25-54 (236,000 vs. 157,000) and by 37 percent in total viewers (891,000 vs. 652,000). July marks the 17th month “The Rachel Maddow Show” has beaten “Larry King Live” in its 23 months.
* MSNBC was #1 among the news networks in weekend sales prime (7 p.m.-2 a.m.) among A25-54.
This entry was posted on July 27, 2010 at 11:58 am and is filed under Ratings Related . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.