Press Releases: 02/26/14
EL FINANCIERO AND BLOOMBERG LAUNCH MULTI-MEDIA PLATFORM
– Global & Local Coverage Across TV, Web, Mobile, Print
– Only Spanish-Language Business News Channel in Mexico, Central America; First in High-Definition
Mexico City, February 26, 2014 — El Financiero, a subsidiary of Grupo Multimedia Lauman, and Bloomberg L.P. today launched a multi-platform Spanish-language business news service. Aimed at redefining business journalism in Mexico and Central America, it will provide local business and financial news plus comprehensive global market coverage. The content will appear on what will be the only Spanish-language, business news television channel in Mexico and Central America as well as across digital platforms and in print.
The two companies held a gala in Museo Carcamo de Dolores last night to share more details about the partnership with opinion leaders from the business, political, academic and media scenes. Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto attended the event in addition to the Minister of Finance, Luis Videgaray, the Minister of Tourism, Claudia Ruiz Massieu, the President of the House of Representatives, Ricardo Anaya, and of the Senate, Raúl Cervantes. Mexico City Mayor, Miguel Ángel Mancera, and Governor of Morelos, Graco Ramírez, were also among the attendees.
“May this new strategic alliance continue to project what is going on in Mexico, a country with people willing to change the future and who desire a better place to live. I am sure El Financiero-Bloomberg will become the preferred source of information for millions of Mexicans,” stated President Enrique Peña Nieto.
“The region is growing in a key economic, political and social context, and players need accurate, analytical and breaking information that enables them to make informed decisions. This alliance gives us the opportunity to grow our information portfolio and offer a global vision with a local context to our readers and spectators,” said Manuel Arroyo, President of El Financiero and Grupo Lauman.
Andrew Lack, Chairman for Bloomberg’s Media Group, said, “Mexico and Central America are important territories, and this partnership will help Mexican companies further connect with the global market. Together, we will offer business and financial professionals market-moving insights on global and regional developments and stories that really matter. We are delighted to partner with El Financiero on this new venture.”
The partnership consists of the following key elements:
· El Financiero-Bloomberg (TV): This is the only Spanish-language, business news channel and the first high definition business news channel to be broadcast in Mexico and in Central America (Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama.) Starting with 4 hours of local original programming in Spanish, the channel will feature leading journalists in Mexico such as Enrique Quintana, Carlos Mota, Alejandro Cacho and Leonardo Kourchenko. To be carried nationally through pay-TV systems, it will also offer Bloomberg TV’s global financial and economic news content in English.
· El Financiero (print): With a completely renovated design, the printed version of El Financiero is expanding its news coverage to include more in-depth analysis of current topics in business In addition, it will feature Bloomberg News content in the section titled “Mercados”, where readers will find the most important financial indicators such as ETF’s, commodities, FX and REITs, among others.
· El Financiero (digital): Developed on a responsive design platform with the latest programming technology in HTML, users can customize content and build their own finance section to include specific currencies and financial calculators that allow them to make better decisions. The digital version provides a richer mulitimedia experience with exclusive content, indexed videos, photo galleries and links to external sites.
· El Financiero (mobile apps): El Financiero mobile apps will allow readers to stay well informed wherever they are via their mobile devices. Through the new IOS and Android Apps, users will get of relevant, breaking news and information in ways specifically designed for touchscreens without consuming too much storage on their devices. They will be able to browse information in a flexible way and access a variety of multimedia content including photos, videos and infographics.
The service launched on SKY channel 630, Cablevision channel 717 and TotalPlay. El Financiero Bloomberg will be broadcast on additional pay-TV systems soon. For more information please visit http://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/tv.
For more information about Bloomberg Media content licensing please visit http://www.bloomberg.com/content-licensing/contact-us/.