HLN Announces New Shows…
HLN announced some new programming today…
HLN ANNOUNCES NIGHTLY NEWS PROGRAM, THE DAILY SHARE & UNVEILS 2ND DEVELOPMENT SLATE UNDER NEW BRAND AT 2014-15 UPFRONT
*Projects Include: 2 Spouses, 3 Houses; America’s Most Liked; What’s Trending; The Indie Machines Project; Wkly M@shup with Chuey Martinez;
Natural Born Mixer With Alex Ott; Web Mysteries; News or Not; The Social Life; Beyond The Like; Trip Traders
HLN dives further into a social media filter with a wide-ranging mix of programs in development to be announced by Albie Hecht, executive vice president and general manager, HLN, at today’s CNN Worldwide Upfront presentation in New York City.
Rebranded earlier this year as the first TV home for the social media generation (millennials and the millennial-minded), HLN has unveiled a nightly news show and ordered presentation reels within a broad spectrum of non-fiction programming including, a humorous look at the news, personality-driven programs, game/competition shows, and a late-night comedy talk/video/sketch offering.
“HLN has collaborated with some truly creative minds both internally and externally to build a programming slate designed to heighten the all screen experience—TV, digital and social,” said @AlbieHechtHLN.
The Daily Share will be a one-hour news and information show from HLN’s new studio in Atlanta. The show will provide a digest of what people are watching, searching, playing, sharing, shopping and creating in every aspect of their social media lives. The nightly program will be produced by HLN. Airdate and host(s) to be announced.
Following are the development slate projects to be announced during HLN’s 2014-15 Upfront presentation (all working titles):
· 2 Spouses, 3 Houses—YouTube star Jessica Edwards (@JRiffleEdwards) looks at a couples’ social media ‘likes, hearts and pins’ to help her find three choices for their dream home; one perfect for one, one for the other, and one she thinks they both will ‘like.’ Created by Red Arrow Industries, the team behind the HGTV version of the hit series Love It or List It.
· America’s Most Liked—Now there’s a game show that can take someone from Internet nobody to web superstar. One just has to use their special or unusual talents to compete in viral challenges and try to get the most “likes” from the all screens audience. Created by David Sidebotham’s Babyfoot Productions, and Eero Hietala’s Aito Entertainment, and developed by Michael Yudin, My Tupelo Entertainment.
· What’s Trending—A weekly look at the hottest trending topics and personalities that everyone is buzzing about and sharing. Hosted by co-founder of @whatstrending, Shira Lazar (@shiralazar). Created by Damon Berger and Shira Lazar/What’s Trending.
· The Indie Machines Project—Digital filmmakers Erik Beck and Justin Johnson (@indiemachines) are developing two 11 minute series, the interactive sketch show 5 Word Films, and animated parody talk show Action Tonight.
· Wkly M@shup with Chuey Martinez—An exciting new ‘late night’ experience, hosted by one of LA’s top rated radio personalities, Chuey Martinez (@ChueyMartinez), who will invite an eclectic mix of social media stars, established celebs and other faces from popular culture, who are making, spinning and spreading news to join him for this late night talk show, that is one-part talk, two-parts performance, and a spicy splash of sketch comedy. Created by Doug Greiff and Beatriz Acevedo, and inspired by the hit MiTu Network digital series, El Show w/ Chuey Martinez.
· Natural Born Mixer with Alex Ott—This series follows master mixologist and scientist Alex Ott (@alexottscience), whose adventures and challenges are mined from his social media following. Created by Robert Small/Robert Small Entertainment (co-creator, Unplugged/MTV).
· Web Mysteries—A half-hour series that seeks the truth behind the Web’s most fascinating, amusing and otherworldly stories and videos. Created by HLN.
· News or Not—This game show challenges viewers knowledge of real social media news headlines. Created by Nancy Glass & Eric Neuhaus/Nancy Glass Productions (Tanked/Animal Planet & Dangerous Grounds/Travel Channel).
· The Social Life—Twitter star, travel junkie, sports fan and foodie, Ali Nejad (@Ali_Nejad) enlists his nearly one million online followers to help him take on missions—from building homes for the homeless to joining a pro soccer team for a day. Created by Ali Nejad and Hugh Arian/Echo Entertainment.
· Beyond The Like—Sometimes, there’s a lot more to a viral video than a quick thrill. From digital artist and director Joe Sabia, this themed half-hour series curates viral moments and explores how the individuals behind extraordinary projects have made their mark online.
· Trip Traders—Tapping into the fast growing online community of people around the world who trade homes for vacations, the show will follow one ‘trader’ as they decide which of three offers to accept. Created by Alan Goodman.