Q2 Numbers: CNN…
CNN is noting its Q2 ratings…
CNN IS #2 IN CABLE NEWS FOR THE 2Q 2014
MSNBC FALLS TO 4TH AND FOX NEWS IS POSTING LOWEST QUARTERLY PERFORMANCE SINCE 2001
CNN Original Series Post Strong Ratings Performance This Quarter
For the second quarter 2014:
· CNN ranked #2 in Total Day among total viewers (344k) and in the key demo 25-54 rating (106k).
· CNN ranked #2 in M-Su Primetime among 25-54 rating, tying with MSNBC. (163k vs. 163k).
· CNN ranked #2 in Dayside (9a-4p) in both total viewers (378k) and demo 25-54 rating (93k)
· CNN ranked #1 in Weekend Primetime in demo rating (189k) and #2 among total viewers (483k).
This quarter MSNBC slipped to #4 in total day (104k) and dayside (58k) in the key demo 25-54 rating. MSNBC’s dayside performance of 58k represents the network’s lowest quarterly delivery in nearly 11 years – since 3Q 2003 (54k). Fox News is down double-digits across all key dayparts among both total viewers and demo 25-54 rating this quarter. In M-F primetime, Fox News is posting its lowest performance in the key demo (326k) in over 12 years since 2Q 01 (163k).
Second quarter CNN show highlights include:
· Early Start with John Berman and Christine Romans ranked #2 in total viewers (189k).
· The Lead with Jake Tapper ranked #2 in total viewers (381k) and the demo (90k).
· AC 360 ranked #2 in the key demo (158k) easily topping MSNBC’s Chris Hayes (136k).
· Smerconish ranked #2 in total viewers (425k).
· Inside Politics with John King ranked #2 in total viewers (370k).
· State of the Union with Candy Crowley ranked #2 in total viewers (382k) at 9a and at noon in both total viewers (430k) and among the demo (99k).
· Fareed Zakaria GPS ranked #2 in both total viewers (456k) and key demo rating (117k).
· Reliable Sources with Brian Stelter ranked #2 in total viewers (375k) and among 25-54 (107k).
CNN Original Series have registered strong ratings performances this quarter:
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown — Season 3
· In its third season, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown was the #1 program across all of cable news in the key demo 25-54 rating.
· The program averaged 402k among 25-54 over its eight premiere airings on Sundays at 9p this quarter.
· Bourdain outperformed the combined delivery of Fox News (113k) and MSNBC (171k) in the time period.
· The show is up +69% versus the 9-10pm time period in the prior 4 Sundays (238k).
· Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown is up +14% from its Season 2 average (353k), while Fox News declined -5% (113k vs. 119k) in the Sunday 9p hour during the same span.
Morgan Spurlock: Inside Man – Season 2
· In its second season, Morgan Spurlock: Inside Man averaged 228k among adults 25-54 and 429k over its eight premiere airings on Sundays at 10pm.
· Spurlock ranked #2 among cable news in the time period in the demo 25-54 (228k), ahead of Fox News (120k) and MSNBC (206k). (HLN averaged 229k.)
· Inside Man is up +16% from its Season 1 average (197k), while Fox News declined -36% (120k vs. 187k) and MSNBC fell -25% (206k vs. 275k) in the Sunday 10p hour during the same span.
The Sixties – Season-to-date (5/29/14-6/26/14)
· CNN’s newest Original Series has delivered strong ratings so far this quarter. Over its first five Thursday 9pm premieres, The Sixties is averaging 297k among A25-54 and 1,096k in total viewers.
· The program ranks #2 among cable news in the time period in both 25-54 rating and total viewers, topping MSNBC (142k/742k).
· The Sixties is ranking above the prior-to-launch Thursday time period average by +203% among 25-54 (98k) and +222% in total viewers (340k).
Data is a blend of Nielsen Live+SD and the more inclusive Live+3 and final Live+7 data when available.
This entry was posted on July 1, 2014 at 5:33 pm and is filed under Ratings Related. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.