Back in two weeks.
Archive for the Blog Announcements Category
Jetting to Hawaii to attend my sister’s wedding. Short trip. No time to search for snorkels…just wedding bells. Blogging resumes Friday. Normally I’d say “Behave yourselves” but that doesn’t seem to be the problem these days given the drastic reduction in comments caused by…well…we know why…
Update: I am back but my internet modem is dead. Will take about a week to replace. So the blog will stay shuttered until its fixed barring some big news breaking
My father passed away this morning so no blogging for a while…
Heading down to LA for the weekend. Blogging resumes Sunday evening sometime…
Just got back from getting a second opinion on what’s left of my body….
– Fractured Clavicle
– Separated Clavicle
– Slightly separated shoulder
– Broken ribs
8 weeks recovery time. Happy happy joy joy…
Something has come up this week which is keeping me off the blog. Will hope to return soon…
– Fractured clavicle (at the sternum…a rarer form of the fracture)
– bruised and/or fractured ribs on both the front and the back
– as yet unknown shoulder damage (we’re still dealing with just the clavicle…need a CT scan to ascertain whether it’s displaced and may require surgery and of course the insurance company is dragging its feet signing off on the CT scan)
– severely bruised or otherwise damaged right shoulder blade (how my bike jersey survived intact given the road rash I’m sporting is beyond me)
…basically my upper right side is a big mess…
Landing on the back of my skull has produced no damage. Given how thick it’s been speculated to be here on the blog that should be no surprise I guess. Right after the fall I did think to myself, “Wow I sure did hit my head hard…I wonder if I have a concussion?”…which was immediately followed by “You idiot, if you had a concussion the first thought in your head wouldn’t be ‘Do I have a concussion?’…it would be ‘duh…garble, garble, blah, blah, duh'”
I’m in a lot of pain. Sleeping is hard. Everything is hard. This sucks.