Press Releases:

Posted in Press Releases on May 15, 2015 by icn2

Al Jazeera America (1)

AL JAZEERA AMERICA LAUNCHES DEBATE PROGRAM “THIRD RAIL” WITH HOST IMRAN GARDA

NEW PROGRAM DEBUTS THIS SUNDAY, MAY 17th at 6PM ET/3PM ET

NEW YORK, May 15, 2015 – Al Jazeera America announced today that the channel is adding original content to its programming with a new debate program, “Third Rail,” airing Sundays at 6PM ET/3PM PT with host Imran Garda. For more information, visit: http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/third-rail.html

Beginning this Sunday, May 17th, the weekly hour-long program will take a provocative look at controversial issues, with Garda moderating guest debates focused on political and social issues that challenges viewer’s expectations.
Continue reading

Greg Guttfeld’s New Show

Posted in FNC, Miscellaneous Subjects on May 14, 2015 by icn2

TVNewser’s Brian Flood writes about Greg Guttfeld’s new weekend show on FNC debuting on May 31st…

The Greg Gutfeld Show is expected to have a comedic-commentary format, with parodies of current events and humorous monologues on news-worthy topics. FNC contributor Joanne Nosuchinsky will also be on the program.

“Every host of a new show likes to say they’re breaking new ground. So why should I be any different. This show will forever change the way you watch television, plus guests provide their own transportation,” Gutfeld said.

Press Releases: 05/13/15

Posted in Press Releases on May 13, 2015 by icn2

CNN (1)

CNN ADDS TWO EXCITING SERIES TO SUCCESSFUL SLATE OF ORIGINAL SERIES

Declassified and The Eighties to Launch in 2016

Net also Picks Up a Second Season of The Wonder List with Bill Weir and Third Season of This is Life with Lisa Ling

2015-2016 Original Series Line-up includes Kevin Spacey, Anthony Bourdain, Lisa Ling, Morgan Spurlock and Mike Rowe Among Others

CNN announced today two new Original Series, adding to its successful portfolio of high-quality, non-scripted programming in 2016. Declassified (All3Media America), an eight-part series, delves into true stories of America’s covert operations around the world. Hosted by former U.S. Congressman Mike Rogers, also the former chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, each episode features a newly declassified mission told firsthand by the agents who lived it, while getting unprecedented access to the riveting and secret world of espionage. Eli Holzman, Aaron Saidman, Stephen Lambert and Mike Rogers serve as executive producers on the series. Also in 2016, The Eighties follows in the footsteps of the critically-acclaimed series The Sixties and The Seventies (premiering in June). From the multiple EMMY® Award-winning producers Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman, in association with HBO and EMMY® Award-winning producer Mark Herzog, each hour-long episode explores the individuals and events that shaped the decade.
Continue reading

Fox News Digital Profile…

Posted in FNC on May 13, 2015 by icn2

Capital New York’s Alex Weprin writes about Fox News Digital…

“It is extremely validating to me that a competitor took to the level of panic that they did last week. That is a thing to be proud of for this team,” said Jeff Misenti, Fox News Channel’s chief digital officer, referring to CNN’s complaint to Pew. “Our business isn’t about trying to take on loss-leaders here, our business is about trying to engage the audience. We are not about the bells and whistles, we are about what the audience is looking for, and what they are evolving to.”

According to Pew (which based its data on numbers from ComScore), Fox News Digital brought in 55 million unique vistors in January, with CNN at 64 million, a revised number that was calculated after the network took issue with Pew’s methedology. The Times was practically even with Fox in every category.

“We are looking to make sure we are tagged correctly by these third party measurements like ComScore too,” Misenti added. “We want our audience to be measured accurately, it is a growing audience.”

Free for All: 05/13/15

Posted in Free For All on May 13, 2015 by icn2

What’s on your mind?

FBN Finally Goes Head to Head with CNBC in the Mornings…

Posted in FBN on May 11, 2015 by icn2

TVNewser’s Chris Ariens reports that FBN will be making a number of changes. The biggest one for me, the one that has bugged me for the past six years, is the network will finally be going toe to toe with CNBC in the mornings instead of continuing the pattern of nonsensical counterprogramming with something similar to Imus in the Morning.

TVNewser has learned exclusively that Maria Bartiromo‘s show will now air from 6am-9amET, followed by Stuart Varney anchoring from 9am-Noon. Neil Cavuto is moving from prime time and will host a new show called Cavuto Coast-to-Coast at NoonET.

Trish Regan, who joined FBN from Bloomberg in March, will anchor the 2pmET hour. TVNewser hears more changes will be announced this afternoon.

Obviously. There will now be a big hole in primetime to fill with Cavuto exiting to the noon hour.

A Brian Williams-less Upfront…

Posted in Miscellaneous Subjects on May 11, 2015 by icn2

In a semi-must read, The Daily Beast’s Lloyd Grove uses this week’s NBC upfront as an excuse to talk about Brian Williams. And we have new shots fired…

“What if there’s a story about a presidential candidate who lied or embellished his resume?” said an NBC News veteran who, because of the sensitivity of the subject, spoke on condition of anonymity. “How do you have Brian Williams in that chair, intro-ing that story, without all of America guffawing?”

A second NBC News veteran expressed concern that the 55-year-old Williams—judging by quotes in various news stories attributed to “friends” of the anchor—might not fully grasp the gravity of his mistakes.

Valid points all the way…particularly the second source.

While Williams’s attorney, Robert Barnett, “is fighting tooth and nail to get him his job back”—not negotiating a partial payout of Williams’s reported $50 million 5-year contract, according to an NBC News veteran—the anchor is likely not hearing what he needs to hear.

“It’s a tricky area,” this person said. “Sometimes a hired gun will tell you what you want to hear. If Brian’s goal is a comeback, the hired gun’s goal is a comeback. They say, ‘it won’t be pretty, but we can fix this, we can make this happen.’ They’re not going to say, ‘Look, buddy, you have got to get a grip on reality. You are gonna continue to be tabloid fodder, and if you think you’ve had it bad so far, your return to NBC is gonna be a total shit show.’”

Another wrinkle, and not a trivial one, is that the 55-year-old Holt, a respected and well-liked figure among his colleagues, has narrowly lost in the Nielsens in recent weeks to ABC World News Tonight anchor David Muir, but he has managed to stay in the game—with zero promotion.

The fact that Holt is doing relatively well at the formerly top-rated Nightly News—whose viewership began eroding more than a year ago under Williams—complicates any decision to take him off Nightly in favor of Williams or another anchor—say, the Today show’s Savannah Guthrie.

Guthrie has NO shot. None. Zero. Nada. Nil. NBC is not going to destabilize Today on a pretty big gamble that Guthrie will be able to do better than Holt. If NBC were to go that route it could very well wind up with both properties in a worse state than they currently are.

(snip)

“Either way, Andy wants to own this decision,” said another NBC News insider. “He wants to go through it in detail—watch every single piece of video…Frankly, it’s nice to have somebody in there who can own it, so everybody will be like, ‘OK, we can live with the decision, whatever it is.’”

Except, in the end, it’s ultimately Steve Burke’s call. Burke has “owned this decision” ever since he took Williams off the air. Lack’s opinion will carry considerable weight with Burke but it’s going to be his call.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 248 other followers